Monday, January 1, 2007

A New Blog for a New Year

Happy new year to all visitors, and welcome to this blog.

As is often the case, this first post states some causes for this blog's existence.

As a mathematics student, I rarely have the opportunity to write "normally". So, this blog affords me an opportunity to write more freely than usual. To justify for the time this blog will inevitably take, I claim that this helps retain what little writing skills I have... (Yes, yes, in a formal paper one would never use the word "I" so liberally, or have clearly flawed grammar, but hey, this is a blog!). Perhaps, by forcing me to find something interesting to post about, this blog will even motivate me to read something useful, like journals! On the other hand, life may become so cluttered with other events (e.g. exams) that I may have no time available to post. Hence, this is a bit of an (unscientific) experiment... let's see long can I keep this up.

One may find chronicles, rants, disorganized scribblings, weird ideas, interesting (or uninteresting, depending on your point of view) things from outside sources (e.g. lectures, journals), and other miscellanea here.

Oh, and for those who are curious about the plethora of chemistry blogs on my blogroll...well, I like chemistry, too. Enough to want to major in it as well. I am trying to find more math-related ones to complement the chemistry, but so many are related to physics instead...

No comments: