Due to a certain friend who sent me something odd (an understatement if there ever is one), I was led to Robert Munsch's celebrated children's stories.
The scary part lies in the opening of his most famous work:
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
(The cause of the book's success seems clear enough here.)
Why scary? I know someone who says practically the exact same thing without having the least idea of the book's existence ("practically" := identical in connotation as well as denotation, and almost word-for-word...in a different language). The generic concepts embodied in the song is common enough, but words practically verbatim as well is a rather...impressive coincidence.
Just an interruption in the arduous rhythm of daily life. Well, it's a change from the weekly grousings about schoolwork or paying for housing.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Random but Scary
"I'll love you forever,
Posted by
Echiral
at
7:05 PM
Labels: Miscellaneous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment