Monday, March 26, 2007

Simply Amazing.

You know how entrance in a relatively prestigeous university requires, among other things, intelligence, an ability to communicate fairly professionally, and some luck? The two (I think it is two...possibly more) that committed the following act must have had a drunken Tyche smile on them when the University was reviewing their applications. Or something.

Me: *typing up algebra assignment*
Roommate: *napping*
Outside: *loud talking, jangling of keys*
Frat-boy-wannabe 1: Hey, let's lock [roommate] in her room! (Note: roommate is fairly popular)
Frat-boy-wannabe 2: Yea!
Me: *hears lock turning - they must have gotten the floor leader's keys or similiar*
Outside: *running away noises, door slamming*
Me: *unlocks door, sticks head outside* You. Guys. Are. Idiots. (as the perpetrators run away. Futile, I know.).
--Later--
Outside: *laughing, same voices*
Me: *sticks head outside, shakes head at their sheer "maturity" and "brilliance"*
Frat-boy-wannabe 1: What? *innocence*
Both guys: *walks away, keys jangling, laughing loudly*

The puerile nature of my peers I suppose I ought to be used to by now. What amazes me is that they attempt to lock someone in one's own room when, like most doors with locks, the door can be unlocked from the inside. Just...wow.

No comments: