Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Report Schedule

As usual, I need a schedule to keep me on track in writing my report. To help me stick to the schedule, I am putting it up here.

  • March 19 - validation
  • March 20 - more validation: statistical analyses (Gaussian response models are coming back to haunt me, oh no!)
  • March 21 - method comparison
  • March 22 - references, conclusion, executive summary, appendix
  • March 23 - editing!
  • March 24 - final editing, checking for formatting details, etc. (University markers are insanely fussy. They probably do use a caliper to check margin sizes :P.)
  • March 25 - report due: email to supervisor, say before noon (well, actually, he'll be in the office at 5 am, but I don't get up *that* early).
I hope I will make it - this is very, very tight. *Not happy.* My supervisor will be expecting something "impressive" (in his words), too. Boo, hiss.

[Edited]
I just realized that appendices cannot have pictures! This, along with strict word-count/formatting constraints, means that 1/3 of my experiments can't be in my report. Curses!

[Edited again]
Ah, screw it. I'll exceed the word count. Keeping my boss happy takes priority.

[Edited thrice]
Incidentally...what happened to Putnam results? It's mid-March, they should be here soon...(do I want to know?)

[Fourth edit]
I have a nonzero score on the Putnam! A nonzero score! Yay! (Back to work...)

No comments: