Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Got a Bop on the Head

Well, multiple bops, or none at all, depending on how one counts. And, as it happens, from a rather unexpected source.

After the thermodynamics final [1], I heard from my peers that all the analytical lab marks were out, so I went to take a look. Fortuitously, the lab coordinator was also present, so I managed to get my lab notebook back as well. (Ah, yes, all my barely legibly scrawled data.)

When I saw what I got on my lab reports, well, they were ok, I guess. But still, they make me sad [2]. I said as much, more to myself than to the professor, but she heard it.

The professor then took my lab notebook and whacked me on the head (figuratively, but repeatedly) with it, accompanying this with several choice words.

Meep. *Duck*. *Apologized, got the lab notebook back, and ran away*.

[1] Which was so silly that it isn't worth talking about.
[2] I didn't mean to imply that the professor wasn't generous enough a marker or anything. If anything, she marks somewhat on the generous side (not that I am complaining!). It's me that's the problem. The fact that the lab reports were products of all-nighters didn't help, of course.

No comments: