Let's just say that this describes me distressingly well right now. Except the communication is via email.
In addition, I am asking an unseemly number of stupid questions to my project supervisor. Which begs the question: how do I cut down? "The literature" actually doesn't have much information; whether it's because the subject is too random or too well-established, I don't know. (And the textbooks are bloody confusing.)
Erk, this makes me sound like I am addicted to something that acts upon my central nervous system. Actually, that doesn't sound half wrong. Not good.
One funny thing though: so far, one approach definitely does not work.
My reaction: oh. ok. *Shrugs, tries to think of another idea.*
Supervisor: *motivational spiel about how science is about dead ends*
I don't have the heart to tell him that the little talk is entirely unnecessary. Too jaded from reading blogs, or something.
Back to composing my email...*sigh*.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Asking Stupid Questions
Posted by
Echiral
at
10:19 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You don't cut down, you keep asking stupid questions and learn as you go. :) I try to ask at least one stupid question a week. It's the nature of research...keeps you from reinventing the wheel.
Post a Comment