Monday, September 1, 2008

Echiral's In Town!

After a 3.5 hour flight from near-University-town, I am now located at a different city in a different province. This time, it's a major city, though since today is Labour day, few people are around.

Highlights:

  • Woke up at 3:30 a.m. to catch the first (read: cheapest) flight of the day. Ugh. Fortunately, no flight delays.
  • The airplane has small monitors in front of every seat. I spent the flight watching all the "science" shows (e.g. Discovery Channel type material), then the stupid ones. I don't like reading on the plane because it's difficult for me to concentrate.
  • Arrived at airport. Interestingly, the airport washroom has a sharps container (for used needles).
  • Got taxied to rented place ($33.25! Expensive!), met one of several fellow tenants/"housemates" (the others have not arrived yet). Another oddity: the traffic lights here are sideways. No idea why. People still speed as usual though.
  • The place is somewhat um, dirty. To put it mildly. Some cleaning was done with the limited supplies available. I need to do more cleaning later.
  • The windows are stuck and cannot be opened. Sad.
  • Because today is Labour Day and I was too cheap to buy much of anything at the airport, there will be no supper tonight, and probably neither breakfast nor lunch tomorrow, as well. Oh well.
I should take a walk around the neighbourhood later today. Work starts tomorrow!

No comments: