The novel by Neal Stephenson, that is. I am currently about one-third of the way into the book, and it's quite interesting thus far.
To convince people to read it, I offer the following quote:
"When I got back, bacon was smoldering on the range, filling the house with gas-phase polycyclic aromatics - my favorite carcinogen by a long shot."
(Maybe I've been warped by certain chemistry blogs *cough*, but that actually does sound pretty good to me. Mmm, bacon.)
Also, I really want to know where the protagonist got his five-thousand-dollar GC.
To be frank, this is the first time I've had time to borrow - and read - a fictional work in two years. It's a refreshing change from hunting for that exact reference in a university library, that's for sure.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Zodiac
Posted by
Echiral
at
8:48 PM
Labels: Miscellaneous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That does sound pretty fantastic.
BTW, you can get used instruments for much more reasonable prices. Google ;)
Post a Comment