Do not stand in front of a 1-inch** valve to a 1/3 full tank while trying to catch the latter's contents. Especially if the said valve is aimed right at you rather than downwards.
As a coworker had dryly remarked afterwards: It's a good way to learn. Particularly since the contents of the tank is at pH 2, and has amines in it. Ick. Fortunately, the use of the safety shower is not required. Just paper towels and plenty of complaining.
(And I just washed my lab clothes, too, dammit!)
*Alternate title: Add this to the "stupid undergrad stories" folder.
**Engineers and their quaint system of measurement...*mutters*
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Moral of the Day:*
Posted by
Echiral
at
12:31 PM
Labels: At Work III
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch! That sounds pretty awful. Hopefully you don't still smell like amines.
I thought Canadians were all metric?
Yea, that's what I thought too. I am guessing that most of the suppliers cater to the American market, hence mostly imperial measurements.
(In defence, there are metric machines parts in the lab.)
Oh no! Sorry my country is spreading its stooopid units to yours. :(
Post a Comment