Wednesday, January 14, 2009

*Bounce, bounce.*

Just ignore this post. It's just me celebrating the fact I finished my CS assignment.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I finished CS! Also abbreviated as QIP (quantum information processing). As I've remarked on the first day, this course is really quite difficult. Although the official prerequisites are minimal, the "unofficial" prerequisites are pretty heavy - quantum physics (optics and the like), as well as theoretical computer science (e.g. logic gates). Since I only really had the official requisite (linear algebra, essentially), I was rather lost in class.

Anyway, by dint of a textbook, a physics-major acquaintance, and alot of random thinking, I finished the assignment, so, yay!

Other assignments to complete:

  • Group theory - still warm from the press yesterday; it looks a little tricky but should be doable.
  • Combinatorics - the professor hasn't finished teaching the material required for the assignment yet, so I am waiting for him to do that.
  • Inorganic - assignment out tomorrow afternoon. Assuming the professor doesn't forget. Which he might.
  • Organic - assignment's been out for awhile now, I just need to sit down and actually do it in detail rather than doodle mechanisms and reaction products.
  • Labs - one yesterday, one tomorrow, one on Friday. All have reports to be written. Sigh.
  • Nano - I need a final project topic. Erm. Ok.
  • Last but not the least, marking: need to finish marking one course, and will start the other set of marking when I receive the papers near the end of this week.

No comments: