Thursday, February 19, 2009

Technically, There's Still the Weekend...

...but reading week is almost over. A second week would be lovely, but such as it is, one will have to make do.

It goes without saying that I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I should have. A couple of things *really* need to get done before Monday, though:

  • Group theory assignment (stuck) and review (working on it now - midterm Wednesday)
  • Organic lab (due Monday) and assignment (due Wednesday); I should review too but that can wait a little bit
  • QIP review, because midterm's Wednesday too!
  • Marking. See below.
Slightly less "urgent" but still important things include tying up loose ends (e.g. nagging professors about assignment problems I have issues with), studying, and starting my nano literature project. Topic's all chosen and such; the time-consuming part remains. There's the usual litany of chores, naturally, but, eh, those are relatively trivial.

Tomorrow I'll spend a few hours in transit back on campus (I need to pick up marking that I haven't managed to pick up last week, and mark them assignments, sigh) - a visceral indicator of the end of reading week if there's ever one. Never have I been so reluctant to get back on campus. Sure, the university is a much better studying environment, but the sense of "It's the end of reading week panic panic" is much stronger, as well.

On the cheerful side, I now have a blazer that's my size, yay! That will inevitably come in handy, as I have a feeling that I'll need it soon. For something that's actually cheerful, umm...it was a pleasant reading week withal?

(Over reading week, I also visited my nickel sulfate solution. My favoured method of crystal growth is "make a moderately concentrated solution and leave it out for a few weeks". Obviously not working with proteins here. No crystallization, however. It's been sitting there for over six months! Oh well, I am content to leave it there for another six months *shrugs*.)

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

that's my favorite method of xtal growth too ;)