Sunday, March 29, 2009

@#$%^&*

To the person that took my USB drive while the computer is writing on it:

I am not articulate enough to write witty insults or whatever, so I'll be brief.
You didn't just take a 16 GB USB drive; you also took:

  • Confidential information
  • my hard-won checkpoint files
  • 4 GB of clips that I had spent five months on
  • Backup formatting files

If it's too much to give the drive back, at least have the decency to delete all the stuff on it. And give me back my checkpoint files.

If my *other* (hopefully too cheap to steal) USB drive got stolen too, I'm going to go crazy.

(Before the reader thinks I am an idiot for leaving one/two USB drive(s) alone like that, it was a calculated risk: I left it alone from 8 pm Friday to 9 am Saturday, half-hidden behind the computer itself, so the computer can run the calculation until it decides to restart as per school policy; checkpoint files are too big for me to keep on my school computing account.)

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

OMG, that's awful! hope you get it back. :(
one of mine broke a few years back--the part that goes into the USB port got bent far enough that two of the leads were torn off. fortunately, the machine shop guy was able to do a really nimble solder job and i was able to get my data off it.