My parents came to campus to visit today, and to move some of my stuff. (I have too many books and crap to move in one trip, you see.) There are two sides to this.
Pro: Among other things (like actually getting to see my parents), I now have an organized drawer of clothes.
Con: All my holey/wrecky t-shirts are gone! All of them! Nooo!
It's not that I am particularly attached to holey shirts. It's just that the majority of my shirts are either holey, stained by some reagent, or both, and now I don't have that many shirts left*.
Fortunately, it's exam season; I usually wear dress shirts** these days. In the lab, though, it's always a t-shirt with lab coat (mostly because it's too warm otherwise).
Dammit. Need more lab-work worthy (read: cheap and cotton) shirts. The majority of which inevitably will end up holey sooner or later. Sigh.
(Ok, ok, back to cramming organic for tomorrow.)
*Actually I have a fair number of "commemorative" t-shirts, but they are for special occasions. (e.g. the NOF t-shirt, for chemistry finals in which I don't like the professor. Yes, I'm annoying that way.)
*Mainly because I got tired of people telling me that I look like a high school student. I'm an nth-year (n >= 3) undergrad, dammit! (<-- indicative of mental maturity much?)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Lament to Holey Shirts
Posted by
Echiral
at
9:29 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment