I spent half my day staring at an instrument (and the other half staring at my supervisor fiddle with said instrument). Unfortunately, the result was not pretty enough for subsequent characterization. Sigh. Please let there be no more instrument-staring.
On the bright side, today's weather is gorgeous: 12 oC and cloudy. Yesterday was about 20 oC and sunny - it felt incredibly hot! So today's a nice change.
On a completely unrelated note, remind me to take my lab coat home at the end of this week - I need to sew a few things back together (and wash it too, while I'm at it...).
Another unrelated note: my supervisor waved off LaTeX as being too user-unfriendly today - I guess he doesn't notice that LaTeX also produces much prettier documents than Word can. Sometime this term, I should introduce him to LyX.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Random Thoughts
Posted by
Echiral
at
8:21 PM
Labels: At Work IV, Miscellaneous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is LyX easy to learn for beginners? I may give it a chance.
Yes. ^^
Well, ok, to be honest, it really depends on what you want to do with it. If you like the defaults, LyX is trivial to use. If you don't, then it takes a bit more effort to find out how to change the settings. The nice thing is that once you have the settings fixed to your liking, it'll stay consistently that way.
The LyX users mailing list archive is really useful in this regard - most common questions about alterations have been posted on there at one time or another.
I guess I should also mention that it takes some time to get used to LyX. Reading the documentation at least once will save some frustration down the road.
Post a Comment