Random blurbs about random things that happened today.
- Regarding labwork: spent all morning and half the afternoon staring through a microscope trying to prepare a sample, to no avail. Nearly blind now...
- Spent the rest of the afternoon at a talk by a famous chemist; I actually wasn't aware of the talk's existence until everyone in the lab decides to leave en masse. It was a pretty interesting talk, if unintelligible in places.
- Calculus midterm was annoying. I couldn't do the problems that involve sketching field lines, becuase what I thought was a crazy coupled PDE system was actually doable if one employs some unrigorous tricks. Stupid field lines.
- After supper I broke my (ceramic) cup. After sweeping everything up, it took me awhile to realize that I don't have a "glass disposal bin". I don't break enough stuff at home to set up one, thankfully, but now it's awkward to just chuck it (double-bagged) in the garbage.
No comments:
Post a Comment