Monday, August 3, 2009

Ok, That's It. Time for a List.

So I just had a long weekend. With no work to show for it*. That's it, I'm writing myself a list.

Life is simpler, since I only have one course. Whew.

  • Exam notes - to be done by this Friday. This is easy, I just need the patience to sit down and do it without falling asleep. Then spend the weekend reading said notes.
  • Practice exams - one a day, starting next Monday, until they run out. Plus review of assignments and relevant material as needed.
  • When the notes are done (so this weekend or earlier), start writing the report. The data's nowhere near readiness, but things like introduction can be written first. Also, the much-dreaded calculations needs to be done.
  • Final's next-next Saturday.
  • All non-data parts of the report should be done by the Monday after the final.
  • The entire report needs to be complete by the Friday after the final, data or no.
  • Badger supervisor** (and later, the PI) to mark the report, along with completing the final student evaluation.
  • Badger supervisor to give everything back to me before I disappear for the term.

Dicey to-do list; not sure whether I can make it. But life's no fun if to-do lists are easy, I guess. Unfortunately I can't risk bringing my dying laptop to work, or I'll be more productive***.

*I paid tuition. That's something. Now I'm destitute. Again.
**I'm extremely worried about this because, as I've mentioned before, I disagree with my supervisor on nearly everything. Having him mark my report will be...interesting. Not in a good way.
***No, I will not write my report in Microsoft Word. Not even Word 2007.

No comments: