Flicker off, flicker on. The microcosm that is the chemistry building plunges into darkness for about 3 seconds. I temporarily lose the wireless internet signal. Every computer in the building turns itself off. Including the one running my sample. Obviously, the computer doesn't back up data while it's collecting said data. In short, fuck.
Since someone else booked the machine for tomorrow and early next week, I can't rerun the sample until later next week. The only bright side is that it's not a critically important sample. Sigh.
The university should invest in backup generators. Even if it just runs for 3 seconds at a stretch. Or something.
Now that I think about it, I wonder how the pre-programmed gadgets and the glove box in the lab fared?
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Three-Second Power Outages
Posted by
Echiral
at
10:11 PM
Labels: At Work IV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment