Friday, September 4, 2009

I has new toy.

Well. The Macbook (Pro) arrived safe and sound.

The largest problem I have is that the version of antivirus I can get from my university is incompatible with Snow Leopard.

The other really annoying thing is that my license key for ChemDraw (for mac of course), for some reason, doesn't work. Gotta talk with the appropriate admin.

Also, MacTeX is insensately huge.

I need to get used to new shortcuts, too.

Other than that, shiny! (And yay, working monitor!)

(Hmm, what else do I need to install? Antivirus, FireFox plus addons, MacTeX with BibDesk and LyX, printer, files on an external hard drive far, far away... *Thinks*)

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

Check Apple's site--there are free antivirus programs that are pretty OK (I'm running one, but only because my lab's computers are all PCs and I don't want them to be a carrier). Keep in mind, though, that you probably won't have virus problems--it's not a PC! (I've had mine for a year and have yet to catch anything at all.)
I highly recommend Keynote--it's freaking awesome. You can get a student copy of Igor Pro for ~$80, and it's worth it if you have to work with lots of data. Otherwise, this might help :)