One of my courses involves a final project in which the student makes and presents a poster on a relevant subject. In 5 minutes. That's not much longer than an elevator pitch.
Anyway, I'm starting the poster the weekend before it's due and hoping that I can get it printed before the due date. Yea you all know that I'm a huge procrastinator by now.
Given that I only have 5 minutes to present the poster, and that I'm lazy, I don't want to put too much material on the poster. The problem is, the poster actually has a lot of room in it! Data tends to expand to fill all available room given to it, but if I do that, it'd take way to long to present the thing. Besides, things like introductions are supposed to be short.
There's no point in trying to increase the font size; it's plenty big on my screen as it is.
I need more graphs and diagrams to make the thing pretty, too. Sigh.
Slides are much easier to work with - the size of the poster imposes a surprising amount of restriction on how much one can put and how one goes about putting things. Also, slides don't have stand on its own like a poster.
(My apologies for using imperial measurements in the title: that's what I've been given and it's easier to say that than to say "1.21 m by 0.91 m")
[Edited]
A poster costs more than one might think. A lot more - it's a 3-digit number in my case, and it's not even laminated. I'm going to have to scrimp for a few weeks to make up for this. The only saving grace is that the poster's rather pretty.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
4*3 ft^2 is a lot of room!
Posted by
Echiral
at
11:09 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment