Monday, January 4, 2010

Handwriting

Wow. Start of a new term, and my handwriting is officially crap.

Like, I suspect, most students, I type a lot; more than I write, in fact, especially over break when I don't actually have to write much of anything besides a note or two.

And now, my writing's terrible. I was signing up for a training session and um, yea, it's basically a scrawl, though (barely) legible.

Damn, I used to have decent handwriting. Not perfect, mind you (to my parents' dismay), but decent. Now, I'm lucky if I can read my own writing. Yikes. At least I write quickly...?

Oh, you want to hear about my first day? Well. Morning was classes, mostly. I lent my laptop to one of the profs for his lecture because his went toast (auspicious, that). Afternoon was spent talking to the boss and a more-senior lab member about the project, and cleaning the miscellaneously scrounged glassware required for my vacuum line.

Amusing sight of the day: multiple drawers full of nothing but packing peanuts (they used to hold glassware but when the glassware's all in use...).

No comments: