As I said, work takes up a lot of time; really, I hardly had time to read any blogs, let alone write anything.
Two weeks in, I'm still doing workup for one single freaking reaction to get a decent amount of pure product. When recrystallization crops come in <0.3 g batches, and there's supposed to be nearly 5 g present, well... the routine of stripping solvent, redissolving, and inducing precipitation in various ways gets very old, very fast. Sigh. (The "crude" product is also getting increasingly gunky and now it just looks nasty.)
I also got away with calling my microcrystalline product "fluffy" in front of the PI. Sure, I can say "flocculent", but come on, most of us would just think of it as fluffy and leave it at that.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Right, I have this thing called a blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wait, why are you only recrystallizing 300 mg at a time? Most compounds will tolerate recrystallization on a 5g scale, easy.
I mean I started with 5 g but only 0.3 came out. Rinse, repeat with remaining filtrate.
Post a Comment