Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reading Week

Reading week is coming up! Naturally, work goes on, reading week or no; I'm just relieved that there'll be no classes for a week so that I can get more work done.

Funny how I don't really like classes any more, however interesting they may be. They just get in the way of experiments. If the scheduling is a bit less awkward, I won't mind it so much, but right now every other morning is pretty much wasted, with an awkward mid-morning hour that's not quite long enough to set up a reaction. Grump.

Plans for the week:

  • Finish two mini-projects, and maybe, just maybe, one major project too.
  • Reaction marathon. I forgot to dry a 100 mL Schlenk flask before I left for the weekend, oops. Other than that, I think I'm good to go.
  • Crystallography final project, which is due unnaturally early (in February!)
  • Measure theory assignment; we're going to start Fourier analysis after reading week! !!!
Oh. To those who celebrate, happy Chinese new year! Tonight's "the 30th"; it's traditionally a time for the entire family to gather together, kind of like thanksgiving. Too. Much. Food. *expires on chair, twitching*

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

It gets even worse in grad school...when you have to add TAing to the mix of things that keep you out of lab.