Thursday, March 4, 2010

Liveblogging

My crystals are up for XRD today! *Runs around in circles*

What if they don't diffract? What if they are too twinned to collect data on? What if they are existing compounds? Gahh!

(Also: nobody else is in the lab at the moment - noooooo where's everyone I need all the help I can get!)

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

OMG SO EXCITING!
You can still collect data if they're twinned, but solving the structure will be a BITCH. Hope your xtallographer is awesome.
Existing compounds, though...*sigh* Once I thought I had made something interesting. I got a purty-looking NMR and everything. (My NMR interp skills aren't at fault here--my boss thought it looked right too!) So I submitted some crystals for diffraction. They weren't fantastic--in fact I'm a little amazed they worked at all--but they did give solvable data. ...And they were something COMPLETELY different than what we wanted, AND a known compound. Fail!