Thursday, January 25, 2007

*Insert Infantile Screams of Excitement Here*

I got an interview! I got an interview! But...
As this is going to be my first interview ever, it would be an extreme understatement to say that I am excited and worried at the same time. However, why oh why does it have to occur during my CALCULUS class, and through to my GENERAL CHEMISTRY class? (Yes, those subjects are important enough to merit loud shrieks.) I can live without a general chemistry lecture (as long as the professor is not going to talk about the more interesting derivations of rate laws), but calculus is near and dear to my heart, since I learn more new things in that class.
On a more positive note, the calculus course notes are online, so I can look them up, but that's utterly different from actually attending a lecture. *Resigned sigh* Fortunately, I can still make it to Linear Algebra. To miss that class would result in unimaginably horrifying consequences.

Now there are a few more things to do this weekend (that list never really becomes empty, does it?):

  • Read up on job descriptions and company information. Again.
  • Purchase something "conservatively formal" for the interview, since my current clothing is a different sort of "formal" (i.e. not a suit), if they are formal at all (t-shirt and jeans to an interview, anyone?)
  • Review resume, and perform a "self assessment". Learn to shake hands properly...?
  • Practice those "classical/behavioural" questions. Erk. (Did I tell you I failed my first one? At least the marker had constructive feedback this time - can't talk about physics, heh...)

No comments: