Thursday, February 22, 2007

Randomly.

Just feel like posting random stuff/synopsis of week so far. No idea why.

Like most of the undergraduate population with reading week at this time, I've been slacking off. Unhealthy? Certainly. (Although I am sick anyway...). Will work on chemistry lab, algebra, calculus, and calculus bonus tonight. Really. Well, that's what I tell myself anyway. CS assignment is up too, but I'll worry about CS tomorrow since there's a review session then.

Alas, in the meantime, I have been reading novels. Not the sort of respectable literature that one ought to read, either. Eep. Gotta buckle up and get some actual work done before I start getting (more) buried under schoolwork again...

It is somewhat awkward - it'd be nice for reading week to continue (I like sleeping in...and reading week makes me feel less stressed), but I want to know my job rankings at the same time...argh. Oh well, I suppose they will come. Inevitably, like my CS midterm on Monday.

More randomly: I got my mixed crystals out of solution, but they were really contaminated with iron oxides/hydroxides. Yuck. And yes, I dumped it, rather mercilessly. Now...coddling my CuSO4. I hope it turns out well!

I also (after much searching) found the local Chinese supermarket yesterday (probably prompted by the fact that it is Chinese New Year). It was disappointing - it has a little bit of everything, but it doesn't have, for example, stuff that celebrates the new year... It makes me miss home, which has a somewhat more vibrant Chinese community (and much better food). Oh well, home is not where the university is.

Since there's reading week, there is no orchestra rehearsal, and I practiced piano instead. Gotta love the Papillons! (Op. 2, by R. Schumann.)

Ah, see how disorganized my thoughts are? More random thoughts about job search and such next time...and maybe crystal pictures too if I get crystals by then.

No comments: