Much to my surprise, I have survived the week, and is now rewarded with a week of rest and relaxation...along with a cold. *Dubious cheers.*
Some things to catch up on:
On a less academic note:
I overshot drying my salts (again) and they turned brown (again)...re-dissolved, now drying. For some reason, this time it is taking much longer to dry. On the up-side, I now have a very nicely bubbling CuSO4 solution to keep it company (bubbles due to H2O2 reacting with the Cu). It is a gorgeous hue of blue! I will post up pictures when the reaction is done if I remember, heh.
Oddly enough, the most fun thing that happened to me this week was...my interview. (Not my chemistry lab, which my partner and I scrambled to complete).
Tuesday morning, I had two interviews: one for a programming position in a CS company, the other for an analytical (chemistry) technician position in a processing facility. The first interview was sad - interviewer asked ONE question (which I botched) then spent the rest of the time talking about his company. The second interview, however, was great, as the interviewers asked me chemistry questions! (Albeit mostly trivial ones, such as "what is MSDS"; more interesting questions include "what would you do if your samples gave weird data".) First time I have ever had that. It was fun! Currently waiting impatiently for the employer rankings (of us interviewees) to come out: then we can rank the employers ourselves and hope for a job match so that we get a position.
Randomly: dammit, tonight is first New Year's Eve (Chinese New Year) away from home! (Note: traditionally, this day is spent with family, like Thanksgiving.) And I miss decent Chinese food, too...*sigh*. I do have a (tiny) red banner (it says "prosperity" - no room on my door for larger signs due to my roommate's decorations) ready to go for tomorrow, though. Aside - anyone who botches the Very Traditional Chinese New Year Greeting (you know the one) with be lynched tomorrow, as it is a pet peeve of mine when people mispronounces things That badly.
If I don't post tomorrow, I'll take the opportunity now to say Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Woo, Reading Week!
Posted by
Echiral
at
6:43 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment