Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Notes to Self

Two words: Maxwell Relations. (NOT the more (in)famous Maxwell's Equations.) They are kind of cute, aren't they?

In other news...*sigh* Guilty today: cellphone rang during calculus tutorial! Damn the caller. The phone is on so that important people (i.e. the university, parents, or the employer) can reach me. Not so that idiots can ask about algebra. Maybe I will remember to turn off the phone during classes from now on...

Also: Must(!) become productive on statistics. Midterm is approaching far, far too quickly. Tonight is for calculus (come on, half a problem to go...) and algebra (stuck on three problems), though, and statistics after those. CS is a distant fourth on my priority list.

Sadly, there is no algebra class today, since the professor is ill. Erk. (Someone claimed that the professor made a discovery and called in sick to work on it. Heh.) Most of the class left...I stayed along with several others to work on problems. And no, I wasn't very productive - easily distracted, I was. It was amusing to watch others say and do odd things, though. (This is what happens when observing parts of the math advanced section, where nobody is "normal". It gets entertaining.)

Note 2 to self: the analytical lab professor does NOT have useful textbooks/user manuals. Just in case I forget and foolishly ask again...

Note 3 to self: pick up the new chamber orchestra music tonight.

Randomly: Go read Zubrick. Now! His organic survival manual is brilliant.

Oddly depressed, even though today is technically a fairly decent day. *Sigh*

3 comments:

Ψ*Ψ said...

Thanks for the link, by the way. Clued me in to the existence of your blog.
Are you doing a math/chem double major? I had a friend who tried that. She took about half a semester of organic before deciding to switch to all math, all the time.

Echiral said...

To psi*psi: Thank you for reading *mildly surprised*. Incidentally, I love your blog.

At any rate, yes, I am trying for a double major. We shall see what happens...it should be fun!

Ψ*Ψ said...

Awww, thanks. Technorati found you, actually. :) The fastest way to get people to read what you write is to link them. After a while, most of them notice.