Monday, September 10, 2007

A Different "First Day of Classes"

For some reason (also know as "Orientation Week"), my university seems to start classes behind everybody else. Indeed, today is my first day of classes. Oddly enough, it made me wish that I was back at work. Quite a contrast from my reaction one year ago, that's for sure.

Firstly, I ran around chasing professors for autographs signatures all day. Not only does this NOT endear me to any of the said professors, it also made me hate red tape even more than usual. Adding the fact that not all the paperwork were processed successfully makes for one grumpy me, dreaming of the lack of paperwork I experience at work.

Secondly, my calculus professor (who seems nice, so far, but it's a bit early to tell) has an accent which reminds me of one of my co-workers. Which is utterly random.

Thirdly, I keep wanting to email one of my co-workers to ask: "how's the concentration of X in Tank A?" (the company was experiencing some problems with that recently). But since I do not work there any more, it seems awkward to ask.

Last but not the least, having to field a lecture time conflict is no fun at all! I want Hermione's hourglass, truly I do.

2 comments:

Ψ*Ψ said...

Why the need for so many signatures?
You totally seem like a Hermione type, by the way. (No offense--she was one of my favorite characters)

Echiral said...

The signatures are mostly administrative reasons (it's a long, long story). Let's just say that my school likes to make completing double majors in disparate subjects a challenge.

Thank you for the compliment, by the way.