Next Friday, I'll find out whether all my job-search efforts have resulted in anything useful to me, i.e. a job. Some employers have contacted me for random information and seem to be edging towards an offer, which is all to the good. But...
All but one of the jobs that are decent/cool, and have not outright rejected me yet, are, shall we say, distant. As in, literally 500 - 1500 km away, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of winter, type of distant. Maybe that's why they seemed willing to offer me a job, eh? And for the one decent job that's relatively close by, well, the interview didn't go too well. I have one more interview tomorrow, and the job seems quite fun, but the position is going to be far away, in a place where language barriers are going to be a problem (assuming that they are willing to hire me in the first place).
In contrast, all the jobs that I applied for "for backup" are relatively close-by and convenient. *Sigh*. But I won't take those jobs if I can help it, mainly because I have no idea how to write a "technical report" on say, tutoring.
The funny thing is, I have no idea what the salary will be like in any of the jobs I am interested in. Too shy to ask at the interview, heh, and now it's too late.
I don't know what to say: do I look forward to next week, to see what offers I get? (And be torn by them?) Do I dread next week, because that's when the deluge of finals begin to drown me in earnest?
Ok, no more grumbling. Back to reviewing for midterm tomorrow. And calculus. Oh darn, I still need to do laundry...looks like it's going to be another sleepless night.
Random aside: I have a tendency to miss important phone calls, for some reason. I've missed two of them this past month. And I only got 3 phone calls so far this month.
Monday, October 15, 2007
A Perchant for Distant Shores
Posted by
Echiral
at
5:46 PM
Labels: Job Search, University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment