Sunday, October 21, 2007

Minor Weekend Adventures

Moral of the Day: Beyond the usual band-aids, keep a first-aid kit around in the house. It actually does come in handy.

Also known as: I was careless and cut my hand rather badly today. It was rather interesting to see a cross-section of my capillaries/arterioles/venules (and miscellaneous minor blood vessels) amid the relatively pale flesh of my hand, until it began bleeding in earnest. Obviously, I was in no position to take pictures, so none of that will be posted here. Anyway, it being a rather wide cut, it wouldn't stop bleeding. This lead to the following:

1. Tried the residence front desk for a first aid kit - nobody was around.
2. Tried the nearby supermarket for a first aid kit - the first-aid/pharmaceutical section was closed, because it is a weekend and the pharmacist is not around.
3. Tried the front desk of another residence - they don't have a first-aid kit.
4. Tried the student union building. Finally, a first-aid kit. And someone who knows what to do with it. Yay.

I ended up at the supermarket again for latex gloves so that the bandage won't get wet. (Hmm, should've picked up some alcohol and peroxide while I was at it...oh well, I'll do that tomorrow.)

Although there are some signs of blood soaking through the new bandage, it seems as though the cut has stopped bleeding...now it just has to remain that way.

*Sigh* It's no fun to type sans one finger. And I definitely have to postpone piano practice until later. *Irritated with self.*

However, I am sure CS, organic, and analytical chemistry midterm will conspire to keep me too busy to feel sorry for myself. I need to do some cooking before the food in the fridge starts developing the written word, too.

No comments: