Thursday, February 21, 2008

*Insert Swear Words Here*

Curses! Glass absorbs in UV. Glass absorbs in UV. Glass absorbs in UV.

Guess what, so does my analyte!

So yes, I do have to use those expensive re-usable quartz cuvettes, and not easy disposable glass ones. I hate washing those things - have to incredibly careful with them, too. Curses!

At least the lab Does actually have quartz cuvettes. Which is much more than I can say for every other lab with a UV-vis that I have been in.

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

Heh heh heh. When I was doing CD spectroscopy, we used these tiny little quartz cuvettes...I mean REALLY tiny. The path length was 1 mm. They were also ungodly expensive. There was also a sticker on the instrument for a while...I think it said something along the lines of "$500,000...you break it, you buy it."
The great misfortune is that glassware is always easiest to break when you're washing it.