Given that there are two places I should be at one time tomorrow, but there's only one of me, where should I go?
My research project supervisor wants me to go to a seminar that he'll be giving. A really interesting seminar (well, interesting to me; it's on theoretical chemistry). Unfortunately, it happens at a very awkward time.
If I go to the seminar, I will be skipping half an hour of analytical lecture (which is bad, because the lecture will be on the AA and the lovely ICP, but I can live with it), and several hours of analytical lab. Furthermore, for analytical lab I've been signed up for an instrument and I will probably be shown the technique at the beginning of class (i.e. mid-seminar). And it's not like I can sign up for the instrument at another time - these things are fully booked pretty much to the end of the term.
But, ooh, seminar. I want to go...what to do, what to do?
[Follow-up]
Astonishingly, begging the lab instructor to let me use the instrument a little later works this time (it usually doesn't).
Thus I went to the seminar, which ended up being way over my head: the prevailing thought was "huh?". Fortunately, some other parts were understandable. Also, while it was nice of my supervisor to put my name on his presentation (he certainly didn't have to, since my contribution was minor at best), it'd be even nicer if he spelled it correctly. Oh well. An interesting experience overall.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Want: Self-Splitting
Posted by
Echiral
at
6:07 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can you trade time slots with someone else? :(
Post a Comment