Define the system to be, well, me. The surroundings is, naturally, the rest of the universe, which can be approximated by my room. Right now, despite a fan blowing at maximum power, q >> 0. I guess you can call this an isobaric process since everything is happening at atmospheric pressure. It makes me want to stand in front of a reversed Carnot cycle.
Yes, I had thermodynamics class today. Talking about thermochemistry, as it happens. (It was not a good lecture, because the professor made an incorrect claim that he randomly made up justifications for, but regardless...)
It feels as if someone is trying a sous vide at a very large scale. Of course, I am in Canada, so I guess I shouldn't complain, but I'll end up doing that anyway (complaining, that is).
It'd be nice if fall or winter is here; -30 oC is better than +30oC* (and right now, the outside temperature, after adjusting for humidity, is higher than that).
*Says the person who does not drive and does not have to do shovelling.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
q >> 0
Posted by
Echiral
at
6:50 PM
Labels: Miscellaneous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment