...both of which are related to organic lecture.
Today being the last day of lectures, the professor has course evaluations for us students to fill. As is the usual protocol, a student volunteer is tasked with returning the evaluations to the appropriate locale. Usually, the professor asks a question along the lines of: "Would someone return these forms to *insert location here* after everyone's done?"
Professor: "I am picking a volunteer to return this to *insert locale here*. Here, [echiral]."
Also known as "what happens when you sit in the front row and the professor (unexpectedly) remembers your name". Um, ok.
Somewhat later in the day, I went to the professor's office to ask a few things. He wasn't in his office, so I waited a bit. It turns out that the professor was in his lab - he ended up answer my questions while unlocking the door to his office, with a lab coat on, and a RBF in hand. Which is a little odd (it is pretty rare for an undergrad to see a lecturing professor in a lab coat, don't you think?) but kind of awesome too.
The professor is teaching bioorganic chemistry next term. Possibly because of this reason, I want to take the course (despite the fact that it is very much related to biochemistry). Or I can sit in a nanomaterials course instead. Hmm. This is a little difficult. Decisions, decisions...
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Two Minor Oddities
Posted by
Echiral
at
7:39 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What's covered in the nanomaterials class?
The course description is really quite vague (something along the lines of "methods and mechanisms for preparing materials with specific sizes, shapes, and functionalities"), so...no idea.
Sounds like it COULD be interesting (or maybe sucky), depending on the breadth. If it's like a survey of what's going on in the field of nanomaterials, you're pretty much guaranteed to find SOMETHING interesting. If it's a semester on nothing but nanoparticles, eh...probably not so great. (Still better than anything with the horrid "bio" prefix, I'd guess.)
Post a Comment