Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cluelessness

A few days ago my supervisor gave me a completely different aspect of the project to work on. On the positive side, it's based on a nifty mathematical system I've never heard of before. On the negative side, well, how should I say this? I don't know what I am doing. Yay me.

I am trying to do some reading on the basics, but it doesn't help when one is off-campus and therefore library-deprived. Not to mention that someone has borrowed all the books on the topic in the library anyway. Fortunately, there exists the Internet, and the operations I needed have been defined before (whew!).

So thus far, I have two pages of "work", the majority of which is crap, and a tiny fraction of which might actually go somewhere. Now if only these cross-terms will go away...

Complete cluelessness. It's a different feeling.

1 comment:

Ψ*Ψ said...

Welcome to research. ;) Don't worry, feeling clueless is completely normal.