Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pas de Deux

As of this writing, two people are enrolled in two of the chemistry courses I want to take (not counting me, since my enrolment period starts tomorrow). Two.

On the one hand, the enrolment times and locations are now all set, and the Registrar is usually reluctant to change anything.

On the other hand, two people! Ouch!

Will the classes actually occur? Will they vanish as if they have never been offered? *Insert dramatic music here*

Supposedly at least 5 - 6 students are required to make a course happen. Thus, being a realistic pessimist, I predict cancellation for both courses. My peers are not likely to take the course, since they aren't crazy. (It is probably obvious that these are fourth-year courses that most people - curse the pre-meds - neither need nor want to take. A sad fate for potentially awesome courses.)

This makes me sad because I'll have way too much time on my hands if these classes aren't offered. All the other courses I want to take conflict with each other, instead. *Mutters*. (Well, I *can* take bioorganic chemistry and statistics, but...ick...*prods dubiously with a 5-meter long stick*).

No comments: