Friday, November 7, 2008

To-Do List

For a change, there's actually stuff that needs to be done this weekend. Hence the to-do list, in no particular order. Feel free to ignore it.

  • talk to the appropriate professor regarding TA-ing next term (yes, I will be terrorizing first-years...)
  • return library books
  • groceries, laundry, cooking, all that
  • write three essays for my stupid online course
  • do some data analysis on Project HS and Project pH One data point added for Project HS (if not for Project pH), yay!
  • design experiments for Project R
  • finalize the safety meeting agenda
  • look up toluene-water-(crap) azeotropes I can't find the azeotrope I was looking for, but it looks like the third component (i.e. crap) is hygroscopic enough to prevent me from distilling a plain old toluene-water azeotrope
  • think about my midterm student evaluation (got soundly thrashed by my supervisor due to my lack of social skills *cough*)
  • in light of the previous point, decide whether to go to the "optional" company Christmas party I think I will - I need to learn how to schmooze eventually...
  • think about what to write for my project reports because it's that time of the term
  • "learning objectives" Writing this out has ended up being surprisingly useful, and ties in rather well with my student evaluation
  • nag the work supervisory person from the university if she hasn't gotten around to contacting me by mid-November

3 comments:

Rivikah said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog since you were linked on Sciencewoman a while back and um...This feels weird...but do you attend a Canadian university with a somewhat unique cooperative education system and a special place for mathematics?

Echiral said...

Hi Rivikah, thanks for commenting!
In response to your question: I have a pink tie.

Rivikah said...

Aha!

So do I. Somewhere.