Friday, December 26, 2008

A Mini-Rant

Just ignore this post; it's a little rant on how the tocloft package for LaTeX doesn't work the way I want it to.

My request is actually quite simple: I want the word "Figure" and "Table" before each ordinal number in the List of Figures (and Tables respectively). To do that, I need the tocloft package.

Now what was mentioned in the documentation works great, except for one thing - two-digit ordinal numbers start "crashing" into the title text, even after defining a space after the ordinal number.

Another annoying thing is the fact that in the table of contents itself, the dots connecting the title text to the page number only appears for subsections. The command \cftdot is supposed to fix that, but it doesn't work! (Or, more accurately, I am using it wrong, but I don't know how to fix it.)

*Frustrated*

Fortunately, I can manually modify the exported pdf file to change whatever I need to change, but it's a laborious process. *Sigh*

Ideally, I actually want a package that will make a "List of Tables and Figures" for me. Don't think it will happen, though. Oh well...more tweaking coming up.

[edited]
Arrrrgh. I just finished my manual edits, and then - Adobe Acrobat won't open One. Single. Page. of the document. *Aggravated*

[edited again]
The reason for the page corruption: for some reason, the editor doesn't like "externally imported" parentheses, i.e. those in the original document. Retype those and the rest works fine. Eh *shrugs*.

No comments: