Spectra assignments, that is. I thought I won't have to see them (much) again after second year, but apparently not - third year organic lab's full of them. (However powerful proton and carbon-13 NMR may be, it's still incredibly annoying to manually interpret the spectra; IR is easier, at least. Usually.). Anyway, here's a picture of one of my products to remind me why am I still doing this.
(I posted a cell-phone image of the same sample previously, but that pales in comparison to this.)It's actually quite a bit more orange than that. But anyway. All my other products are boring white stuff. (Plus one yellow oil, which is not much more interesting than white solids).
[Edited]
The blogroll slightly less obsolete than before; that, of course, is not saying much. Ok, fine, I'll get back to my pages (and pages and pages) of spectra.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
In Spectral Hell
Posted by
Echiral
at
5:04 PM
Labels: Chemistry, University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment