Is there a good program out there for drawing solid-state structures? (e.g. unit cells or lattices).
I mean, yes there's Chemdraw, but that does Not do solid-state materials very well (or more likely, I just don't know how to use it towards that end).
Right now I am using paint, which requires painstaking work and looks horribly crude. So...any suggestions?
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Drawing Solid-State Structures
Posted by
Echiral
at
4:09 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
http://avogadro.openmolecules.net/wiki/Main_Page
i like crystal maker for viewing xtal structures, but not sure it would work for your purposes--plus it's expensive unless you get a free copy from your lab :)
for inorganic crystals powder cell is kind of cool
and i think many of the standard programs can show periodic images, for example vmd or gopenmol
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll look into them. (I don't actually have the powder pattern or anything; I just want to draw, say, the unit cell of a spinel or YBCO or even NiAs or MoS2, in a pretty way.)
Post a Comment