Plaid. On one's precious laptop monitor.
Miraculously it's working now. No, it's not a virus - as I've mentioned before, it's a hardware issue. Sigh. Currently backing up stuff.
I *really* need to get someone to look at the laptop... please let it not die before the term ends.
The upside of the day is that I finished one set of marking (wooooo!), and I have an extension for one of my final projects. Now...cram organic (midterm begins in oh, 4.5 hours or so, complete with classes in between; thankfully it's just pericyclic reactions, which at least have the decency to have a FMO theory explanation).
Postscript: I still need a job. Isn't the current economic situation wonderful?
Friday, March 20, 2009
The Last thing a Student Wants to See at 6:30 a.m. in the Morning
Posted by
Echiral
at
5:51 AM
Labels: Miscellaneous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Definitely, definitely a hardware issue--a very old laptop in my lab does exactly the same thing. The bits of the metal frame to the top and the left of the display? Rub them with firm but gentle pressure. Should help at least temporarily...
Good luck finding a job, by the way. :(
Post a Comment