Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gotta Study, and Stuff

For some reason, I am never motivated in studying for applied math exams. It's not that they are trivial (well, borderlining triviality, actually...), but they are just so tedious! How many line integrals can one do before one begins to nod off, anyway?

So yea. Gotta study. Gotta study. Gotta study. I'm tempted to take Friday off so I can focus on studying instead of analyzing samples. But I probably shouldn't.

Not much progress towards my final report per se, because I'm spending all my time getting data. One of the dying machines was revived*, the dead one is still dead, and a new machine manages to keep me busy for half a day at a stretch**. Yay.

In other news, I think I got the problematic set of calculations worked out. Just need to fix one more error message; the problem is, I have no idea what it means, and the manual won't tell me anything about it.

Need to prep more samples, too...*mumbles to self*

*It was serendipitous: I lost the internal QC, attached a new one, and voila, everything starts working fine. It's not the QC itself that was bad, but the way the reference was attached to the system. Eh, as long as the QC stays good like it's supposed to, I'm happy.
**Oh. Fuckity fuck. I have a feeling I forgot to turn the cooling water off. Just a feeling. I also have a feeling that nobody will spot that (and thus turn the thing off for me). Dammit! However, being insensately lazy and irresponsible (and tired, actually...), I don't think I'll go back to the lab just to turn it off. It'll just have to stay on for the next 8 hours or so. Sigh. At least it's safe to leave the thing on.

No comments: