Thursday, September 17, 2009

Noooooo

I have to install Vista on my laptop. Vista! Noooo (i.e. what happens when you need a PC-only program *now*) And it's so close until I can get Windows 7, too!

Also the downloader supplied by Microsoft is being an idiot and won't let me open it on a Mac. Stupid. Fortunately, I still have my PC. Less fortunately, I have to do the download over wireless because my cable internet is locked to the Mac. 1 GB of software over a wireless internet connection. We'll see how this goes. Sigh. I hope my USB drive has enough space so I can transfer the stupid image back to the Mac.

Worst case scenario: I'll have to get the installation CD from the university. Aw, I have to walk to school...(actually, at the rate the download goes, I think I will do that. Not sure whether I'm even allowed to download 1 GB of stuff over university wireless.)

I guess I have the Beilstein installation to look forward to. And some other stuff.

[Edited]
Dammit, too late, the appropriate university people left for the day. Installation will have to wait until tomorrow...

No comments: