Sunday, September 27, 2009

Presentation Obsession

I have a perverse obsession with making presentations. Now I'm spending all my time on one Powerpoint (Keynote, rather) instead of writing say, my lab reports. My other assignments feel pretty neglected, too.

In this case, the presentation itself is an assignment, typical of a fourth-year course: read some literature, and present it. The nature of the subject prevents a chalk-talk; due to the plethora of pictures, slides are required.

Anyway, at the moment I haven't even finished reading the papers yet, and already I'm starting to make slides (background stuff, mainly). Making pretty pictures and using them to tell a story - this is freakishly addictive.

Now I'm setting timers to go off every three hours to make sure that I spend said three hours on assignments that are actually due soon, rather than a presentation that won't be due for at least one week. Hope that works...

1 comment:

Felix said...

well, with a lot of people I wish they would focus more time on making presentations