I can either finish my CS assignment due tomorrow (the coding part is done, I just need to put it together and do the "analysis" part), or I can blog. The conclusion is obvious.
See, among the (many) vices I have, one of them is in correcting people. Not gently, but in a loud, "WHAT?! Noo it's supposed to be *this* way" sort of way. (Usually I don't correct people unless I'm sure of the correction.)
This gets interesting when you do it to professors. Especially professors which are so awesome that they scare you a little.
Obviously, that happened today. A professor got a simple description of how certain analytical techniques work utterly wrong. And by utterly wrong I mean, a second-year can tell him that he's dead wrong. He usually knows his stuff quite well, so I have no idea why he slipped this time.
'Course, I protested. He received it pretty well, actually. But the class digressed for awhile while we argued for five minutes (sorry fellow students).
I was twitching and trying not to smile for the rest of the day.
Just now I sent him an email that implicitly refuted another of his claims about the two techniques. It was all I could do to not state that he's wrong in the email, but I think that he'll get the idea by looking at the numbers I gave him (*cough near UV radiation != core electronic transitions cough*).
Maybe someday I'll stop being so obnoxious. But it's fun!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
But I *like* being mean...
Posted by
Echiral
at
11:20 PM
Labels: University Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment