Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Shrieking at the Walls

With less than 10 hours before the interview and several idiots in tow, I need to scream. Desperately. So you'll see it here. Or not, if you don't click the "Continue...".

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT! HE KNOWS NOTHING! THE LINEAR COMBINATION OF A LINEAR COMBINATION IS A LINEAR COMBINATION! IF A SET GENERATES ELEMENTS OF THE STANDARD BASIS THEN IT GENERATES THE VECTOR SPACE! Isn't that obvious?!

And: suppose someone doesn't know how to do a problem due in a few hours, and approaches me. I don't know how to do the problem either, but am thinking about it. So what does that person say? "tell me what you have so far". NO EVIDENCE OF HAVING DONE NONTRIVIAL THINKING!

Did I mention that these two examples are both in Advanced Math, who really ought to know better? Yes, there are extremely brilliant people in that class - but apparently only the stupid ones attach themselves to me. Ugh.

With my plan of sleeping early shot (still need to finish algebra and practice interview questions), I better hope to not look like a red-eyed beast tomorrow...

No comments: