Friday, February 9, 2007

Angerly

I was going to post about cosets...or my mixed-salt crystals. Note the past tense.
Naturally, this is because my day is pretty awful today....

First, I managed to annoy every single one of my professors/instructors that I communicated with (in person or otherwise) today. Great job, me.

Second, I have been an idiot in thinking (or not, as the case may be) about Leibniz's Rule. There goes 10 marks (!). Not to mention that I got my calculus assignment back today...and did poorly, too, due to various stupid mistakes. Note - as a mathie, I physically CANNOT get number-crunching right. Did I mention that the midterm is on Monday? And that I MUST spend all weekend doing statistics?

Third, I made a ton of number-crunching errors in my Thermodynamics assignment, too. I honestly cannot button-punch very well, and checking doesn't work if my button-punching isn't reliable. The equations/theory parts are fine, but the numerical answers are pretty much wrong half the time.

Fourth, my roommate borrowed some of my stuff last night; I was out all day to classes today so I didn't see her before she goes home for the weekend. Guess where's my stuff? Not with me, that's for sure. And I want my scissors back.

Fifth, a group interview session (which is theoretically optional but not really) happens during my algebra tutorial, and I can't trust anybody to take notes fast enough (the professor likes to lecture through tutorial, and goes at a quite rapid pace). Argh. The novelty of interviews certainly wears of very quickly - they are now onerous chores one must wade through in the hopes of getting a job. Not the mindset employers are looking for, I am sure.

Sixth, my salts got oxidized by air to form dull brown solids. Somehow, even though the mix should be acidic. FeSO4 is air-sensitive because it is subject to oxidation by O2 into various hydroxides...but in an acidic environment? Redissolved it now...hope I can catch it before it gets oxidized again.

Seventh, I am stuck in Linear Algebra (on two problems). It is due on the same day as my Statistics Midterm. Not to mention I need to finish CS (due the day before the Statistics Midterm), and this "Self-Introduction" paragraph for job searches, due in less than 2 hours. Need to start on physics assignment, too...and my general chemistry material certainly feels ignored at the moment (midterm - yep - on same day as the Statistics Midterm).

I feel stupid and incompetent, at a time when intelligence is key to survival. What to do?

*Sigh* some Rachmaninoff and Chopin would be very nice right now...but of course, no practicing until all work is done, and the amount of workload goes like this:

public static void myWorkload (double currentWork)
{
Double workload = new Double(currentWork); // Approximate number of major things I immediately need to do now or soon; at the moment, this is 11.0
while( living == true ) // If I am living, I better be in school or at work.
{
workload = new Double (Math.exp(workload.doubleValue())); // Something like that...the workload updates itself, so to speak.
}
}

[Current status: Typing up calculus notes. Should be done by the end of tonight. Dinner some time between that, I guess. For some reason, I keep glancing at my salt solution...]

No comments: