Saturday, February 3, 2007

Random , Self-Centered Thoughts...

Random thoughts floating by as I type up nice algebra notes on LyX.

One: I really need to get my reference's address and phone so I can finish my job application...

Two: There exist indications that my Statistics professor hates me. And probably my General Chemistry professor, too. Indeed, I think all my professors hate me, and not without cause. *Sigh*. I really need to get more sleep so I don't start nodding off in class...(but in a university setting, how likely is that?)

Three: The mixed-salts solution that was sitting on my furnace-top for the past few weeks got spilled. Erk. On the more positive side, due to the spillage there was alot less solution to evaporate, and it began crystallizing today! Due to excess H2SO4, I don't know whether the mix will ever be completely dry, but it's very interesting to see bits of brown oxide with the pale-green iron sulfate (I think it's Fe(II) - very nice pale green - but not sure), oddly white, possibly dehydrated salt of unknown nature, and very, very tiny areas of blue CuSO4. The iron sulfate will probably be converted to oxide soon, but meanwhile, the mixture makes me happy. (After all, it is the only truly positive thing that happened this week.) Pictures up when I have time to upload - reading week, perhaps? Next time, I shall oxidize what I know is pure copper, instead of copper-nails-that-actually-had-iron-in-the-middle - for some unknown reason I really want some CuSO4 to look at.

Four: I am running out of money on my cell phone. Far ahead of schedule, with no chance to top up the phone until after midterms (and alot of money on my part, erk). I better hope that no employer tries to phone me...

Five: Illness is coming. This time before midterms. Uh Oh.

Six: The Rachmaninoff Prelude (op. 32 no. 12) is finally(!) coming along...it's nowhere near "performance standard", but at least some parts actually sound almost pretty, now. Both Brahms Rhapsodies still sound awful in my hands, though.

CS is almost done; Java likes to ignore a part of my code, so I have to ask a Tutor on that. Algebra is, as I mentioned, on its way. Two more sections to type, then self-assigned problem-solving session tomorrow! Along with Thermodynamics and Physics crammed in there somewhere. Maybe I can isolate my crystals tomorrow too...add some quick tutoring to that for a full day.

No comments: