...and three predicted rejections.
Usually, if one is to be rejected during the interviewing stage, one can tell even before the interview has ended. And this is happening three times. Just the thing I need during midterms.
First interview: employer asks about synthetic and nanotech experience, of which I have none. Organic lab doesn't deserve a mention (partly because my yields are, um, fascinatingly horrible, all the time).
Second interview: I actually thought the interview went pretty well, possibly because the position is another analytical chemistry one, except the employer asked about my future prospects and I said graduate school, which might not have been the right thing to say. It was fun talking about instrumentation and QC's and such, though. I was shocked and a little sad that the company threw away all their volumetric flasks (!) because they weren't accurate enough (volumes are intrinsically less accurate than mass).
Third interview: In contrast to the second interview, I probably seemed too "industrial" or "applied" to the interviewer - very little research experience, and none at all in the employer's areas of interest. Sad.
Thus far, I have a total of seven interviews listed. The four to come are: one on Monday (analytical), two on Tuesday (another analytical one, and a nanotech/materials one), one the Monday after (environmental/analytical). Of these four, I am highly interested in two of them (and not-so-interested in the other two). We shall see whether I get rejected by all seven possible employers or not. Seeing the trend so far, the answer will probably be "yes".
Meanwhile, there are two midterms tomorrow. Hmm, guess I better study.
[Edited]
I now have three interviews in a row on the same day (and at the same time) as my biochemistry midterm. The professor will be most displeased...
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Three Interviews...
Posted by
Echiral
at
8:40 PM
Labels: Job Search
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment