Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Synthesis of a Methylxanthines-Carbohydrate-Protein Matrix

Purpose: to determine the feasibility of a procedure whose endproduct will be submitted for professorial appraisal.

Procedure: The procedure provided herein is followed, with the heat-treated disaccharide derivative replaced by another suspension of methylxanthines in a lipid-based matrix. Also, the reaction mixture is heated for 35 minutes intead of 20.

Observations and Results:
(I was going to put pictures here, since they are self-explanatory, but I forgot. Oh well.)

Discussion:
Ok, I am making brownies with a ganache glaze as thank-you presents for my professors and TAs, mainly because I can drawn and write on top of it (even if my pipetting piping skills are barely adequate for the purpose). Some of my peers will call them bribes, except they aren't, really, since many of my professors don't know my name anyway. This is a draft to see whether it'll actually turn out to be edible. The ganache needs to be sweeter. The texture is a little uneven. I can't think of a good word to replace chocolate in this report, sorry.

Conclusion:
Some adjustments to the procedure is required for this procedure to be completely successful. Also, I need someone to help me eat this rough draft.

No comments: